Jack Daniel’s Gentleman Jack
Real to Reel
2019 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You must be at least 21 years of age and a legal resident of the U.S. Promotion void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
PROMOTION PERIOD: The “Real to Reel” Promotion starts on March 21, 2019 at 9:00 p.m. EST and ends on May 5, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Entry Period”). Consumer voting on finalist films will begin on May 13, 2019 and ends on May 22, 2019 at 11:59 EST (the “voting period”).
ELIGIBILITY: The Gentleman Jack Real to Reel Contest (“Promotion”) is only open to individuals who have created, directed and/or written a film (in which they own the rights). Entrants must be 21 years old or older at the time of submission to enter. Brown-Forman, prize providers, Fulfillment, retail and wholesale beverage alcohol retail or wholesale permit holders, their agents and suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each are not eligible to participate. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the account will be deemed to be the entrant. Promotion Entities may request any potential winner to provide proof that such person is the winner. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Promotion Entities’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
HOW TO ENTER A FILM INTO THE GENTLEMAN JACK REAL TO REEL CONTEST:
Go to www.GentlemanJackFilm.com during the Contest Entry Period, follow all instructions, complete and submit the entry form. Entrants will be prompted to provide information as well as agree to the Rules and Regulations before they can proceed with entry into the Contest. You must provide all of the information requested on the contest entry form, including: a link to your full length short film, a link to a trailer or clip, a 1-2 paragraph synopsis of the film, and a short biography of the filmmaker or writer (Entrant). Submitted films (“Submission Entry(ies)”) must have been directed, created and/or written by the entrant, and must not exceed the maximum running time of ten (10) minutes.
TERMS OF SUBMISSION:
By submitting a Submission Entry into this Contest, each entrant warrants and represents that the entrant owns all rights to the Submission Entry he/she is entering, including, without limitation, the video or digital audio-visual recording, and the performances contained in each entry. Each entrant further warrants and represents that the entrant has obtained permission from each person who appears in the Submission Entry to grant the rights to the Promotion Entities described in these Rules and Regulations, and will submit copies of such permissions to the Promotion Entities upon request. By submitting a Submission Entry, you warrant that the data submitted is truthful and accurate, and does not harm the interest and right of any third party.
Only Submission Entries received during the Contest Entry Period and which are otherwise fully compliant with these Official Rules are "Valid Entries." Film content should focus on mature subjects and should be tasteful in the opinion of the Sponsor. We reserve the right to disqualify submissions that in the opinion of the Sponsor is not a mature subject or is in good taste, including, but not limited to degrading, violent, depicts illegal acts, or violates accepted standards of decency. By participating, participants are providing information to the Promotion Entities. The information consumers provide will only be used for participation in the Jack Daniel’s Gentleman Jack Real to Reel Promotion and for any future communications, should you opt in.
During and after the Promotion Period, qualifying Submission Entries may be posted onto the www.GentlemanJackFilm.com page and/or the Promotion Entities’ and/or Third Party Partners’ social media channels for viewing by the general public, at the Promotion Entities’ sole discretion. Promotion Entities shall have the right to immediately remove any and all Submission Entries that violate the rules, and / or in the sole direction of the Promotion Entities should be removed for any reason. As conditions of entry into this Promotion, and submitting a Submission Entry, each Entrant:
1. Acknowledges and agrees that the Promotion Entities may exploit, edit, modify, display and distribute the Submission and all elements of such Submission Entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or not currently known, throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party;
2. Warrants and represents that entrant’s Submission Entry is original to the entrant and has been legally obtained and created, does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws or regulations;
3. Warrants and represents that entrant’s Submission Entry does not contain any unlicensed images or music;
4. Agrees to conduct him/herself with due regard to public conventions and morals, and shall not do or commit any act that would tend to prejudice the Promotion Entities during the Promotion Entry Period and for up to one (1) year following acceptance of the prize;
5. Represents and warrants that the presenter (entrant) has authority to represent his/her idea on behalf of self and/or group/company
In the event an entrant cannot provide all required releases, Promotion Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable Submission, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Promotion Entities’ benefit, or allow the applicable Submission to remain.
SELECTION OF FINALISTS:
After the close of the Contest Entry Period, all eligible entries will be judged by the Promotion Entities and third party partner, Codeblack Films, based on the below criteria (“Criteria”):
1. Entertainment value
2. Screen writing
3. Production quality
The Criteria are to be applied in the sole discretion of the Promotion Entities and the individual judges. Judges will determine the Finalist Films.There will be no more than (8) Finalist Films. Finalist Films will be uploaded to the Gentleman Jack website, and the consumer voting period will begin. Visitors to www.gentlemanjackfilm.com will be required to register in order to vote for the potential winner. Visitors will be directed to base their vote on Entertainment Value, Originality and Creativity. Visitors to the website may vote one time per day.
Judges will review the Finalist Films and select the Winning Film based on
1. Entertainment value 30%
2. Screen writing 30%
3. Production quality 30%
The consumer votes will be applied to the calculations to determine the Winner. Consumer Votes will constitute 10% of the final decision. In the event of a tie, the Judges shall select the potential Grand Prize Winner.
PRIZE: 1 GRAND PRIZE WINNER
The Grand Prize Winner will have his/her film screened at a Gentleman Jack sponsored dinner in Miami Beach, FL. The Winner and one (1) guest will receive a trip to Miami Beach, Florida. Dates of travel: Wed. 6/12/19 through Sun. 6/16/19. Prize Trip includes round trip coach class airfare from major airport closest to winner’s home to either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, four (4) nights hotel accommodation (double occupancy), Two (2) attendance tickets to a film festival in Miami. The winner will also receive a $10,000.00 (Ten Thousand dollar) cash prize in the form of a check and attend a meet and greet with actor/director/poet, Omari Hardwick. (Prize ARV $12,000.) If Potential Winner cannot attend on the dates specified, he/she must forfeit the Prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Beverage alcohol is not a part of any of the promotion prize. Receipt of the Prizes may incur a tax liability and Winner is advised to seek their own financial advice prior to accepting the prize. The Promotion Entities will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to the Winner for the actual retail value of the prize for the tax year in which the prize was accepted. The Winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) and all other costs associated with the prize acceptance and use. Prize money is expressed as a gross figure. The Promotion Entities may be required to deduct any withholding tax from this amount, depending on the tax residency of the recipient. All expenses including, without limitation, taxes and incidental expenses not specifically mentioned in these Rules and Regulations (including without limitation, in the case of the Winner, transportation in Miami Beach and between Winner’s home and train station or airport, incidental charges, meals and gratuities) shall be the responsibility of the recipient of the prize.
- Prize must be taken as offered. The Winner must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g. a valid Passport or Identification card, etc.) required for travel. Travel date windows will be selected by the Promotion Entities in its sole discretion. Travel blackout dates may apply. Exact travel arrangements are subject to availability at the time of inquiry and are subject to change. The Winner must agree to departure and return dates as specified by the Promotion Entities or prize will be forfeited. Travel arrangements will be determined by the Promotion Entities. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for and assume no liability for cancellation or unavailability of specific flights or hotels. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Travel companion must be twenty one (21) or older and Winner’s travel companion must complete and sign a travel release prior to ticketing. Once travel is booked, no changes or cancellations will be accepted. Other restrictions may apply. The prizes cannot be redeemed for cash value, cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion and cannot be transferred. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted.
- Potential winner will be notified by the Promotion Entities by email or phone by May 23, 2019. The Promotion Entities will make three (3) attempts, to contact the potential prize winner via such method(s). Potential prize winner will have three (3) calendar days from the time of the first notification attempt to respond to the Promotion Entities or the Promotion Entities may disqualify that person and notify an alternate potential winner. The alternative potential winner will be notified in the same manner as stated above. Unclaimed prize may not be awarded.
- The potential winner will be required to submit an Affidavit of Eligibility / Release of Liability / Publicity Release / Prize Acceptance Form (collectively, the "Affidavit"). The Affidavit must be signed and returned to the Promotion Entities. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she has not complied with these Rules and Regulations or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected as described above. Winners agree that their online name, first and last name or any part thereof, photographs or videos of them, and their city/town/village of residency uploaded when entering the Competition, may be used to announce the winner and for publication, advertising and promotional purposes. Entrants hereby waive, release, and agree to hold the Promotion Entities harmless against any and all claims based on privacy, publicity, defamation, misappropriation, intellectual property or other claims for any use of their entries or information about them.
By accepting his or her prize, the winner: (a) releases Brown-Forman/Jack Daniel’s and licensed alcohol wholesalers and retailers from any all liability claims, action or proceedings arising out of or for injuries or damages sustained while involved in a promotion activity or connection with the use of the prizes; as well as (b) consents to the use by Brown-Forman for promotional purposes in connection with this promotion, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice without further compensation.
- Content and Originality: Each film entry must be the original work of the Entrant, and must not include any material subject to a third-party’s copyright protection
- No Names and Likeness without Permission: Film entry must not use any individual’s name, in whole or in part, refer to public figures, contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other identifying elements of any entity and/or person, living or dead, without permission.
Any failure to meet the above Requirements and Clearances may result in disqualification. Eligible film entries may be disqualified in the sole discretion of the Promotion Entities, at any time if it is discovered/determined that the film entry is not eligible.
GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant submitting a film entry into the Promotion grants the sponsor rights to promote the film and/or trailer and use in conjunction with the promotion.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Entrants, by participating, agree that Brown-Forman, Jack Daniel’s® Gentlemen Jack™, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and all of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any promotion.
For a list of the Prize winners please send a self addressed envelope to Red Moon Marketing, Attn: GJ Real to Reel 2018 Winners’ List, 7804 Fairview Road, Box 309, Charlotte, NC 28226
Sponsor: Brown-Forman Beverages
Fulfillment: Red Moon
Sponsor and Fulfillment are collectively referred to herein as “Promotion Entities”.
A Gentleman Knows His Limits. Please Drink Responsibly.
Gentleman Jack is a registered Trademark. ©2019 Jack Daniel’s Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey, Alc/Vol 40% (80 Proof). Distilled and Bottle by Jack Daniel Distillery, Lynchburg, Tennessee.