Strawberry and Brie Tart
- 1 sheet of frozen pull pastry, thawed overnight
- 1 egg, beaten with a little water
- Granulated sugar
- 4 ounces of brie, chilled, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 pound of strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves and a couple of thyme sprigs for garnish
- Parchment paper
- Honey or balsamic glaze for drizzling
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Line a rimmed, half sheet pan with parchment paper. Roll out pastry to 1/4 inch thickness, cut in half lengthwise. Roll into a rectangular shape, mindful to keep smaller than your sheet pan. Score 1/2 inch edge border with a sharp knife, brush on egg wash, and sprinkle with sugar. Prick center all over with a fork.
Cut brie into 1/4 inch thick slices (note: chilled brie is easier to slice). Lay out brie all over bottom of pastry inside the scored area.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden. Meanwhile, hull and slice strawberries. In mixing bowl, macerate with sugar and thyme.
Top with fresh thyme and drizzle with honey or balsamic.
Serves 8 - 10 people