Mini Caprese Bites
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, bite size chunks or use Bocconcini
- 1 bunch basil leaves (about 18 - 30 large leaves)
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Maldon sea salt or Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 - 3 dozen long toothpicks
Slide cherry tomato, piece of mozzarella onto the toothpick, followed by folded basil, more mozzarella, and lastly a tomato cut side down.
Drizzle your platter lightly with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and arrange your mini Caprese bites on top.
Sprinkle with coarse salt and cracked black pepper.