- 1 cup cranberry sauce, store-bought
- 2/3 cup medium diced red onion
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, roughly chopped (or 1 tablespoon grated ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary petals
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 loaf of crusty baguette
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Slice the bread on a slant into 1/2-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the bread and brush lightly with melted butter. Bake for ten minutes or until golden and toasted. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine the diced red onion, sugar, vinegar, pickled ginger, and red pepper flakes. Over medium-high heat, simmer until the vinegar is reduced by more than half and the sugar begins to caramelize (the red onion will become pink and translucent). Reduce the heat and stir in the minced rosemary and cranberry sauce. Return to a boil and remove from heat to cool completely.
To assemble the Bruschetta, smear each toast with approximately 1 tablespoon of cream cheese, top with 1-2 heaping tablespoons cranberry sauce, and garnish each with a rosemary petal.